Conserve Water with Bathroom Renovations
Whether you want to completely overhaul your older home down to the studs, or just remodel a bathroom or kitchen, EcoBuilders uses the latest innovations in green building to help you conserve water and energy. We love working on older homes and will help you retain its historic character as much as you’d like!
Conserve Water & Save on your Utilities for years to come!
Americans use 100 gallons of water per person each day, over 40% used in the bathroom. A bath remodel can offer a significant return on investment by significantly reducing water consumption and providing efficient delivery of hot water. EcoBuilders incorporates stylish and affordable high efficiency faucets, toilets and shower heads that save money on your utility bills for years to come.
We can also address other key areas of energy efficiency such as lighting, insulating, air sealing, and ventilation while remodeling your bathroom.
Your bathroom remodel can save you money! Here’s how:
- Choose a High Efficiency Toilet tested to flush 1000 grams of waste with only 1.28 gallons of water! At 20 flushes a day, that saves you $129/year and 16,206 gallons. Some cities, such as Virginia Beach, even offer rebates for high efficiency toilets.
- Choose a shower head that feels like the standard 2.5 gallons per minute but only uses 1.5 gpm. Showering for 32 minutes a day will save you $96/year and 11,972 gallons of water
- Choose a faucet using only 1.5 gpm and save $96/yr and 11,972 gallons of water
- Turbo-charge your hot water to arrive where you need it faster and stop wasting hundreds of gallons of water while you wait for hot water to arrive.
Save money on Hot Water
Upgrading your existing hot water heater to a tankless one can save you $$$ on utilities each month. Or try a system that ‘turbo charges” the delivery of your hot water to each fixture, providing hot water more quickly and efficiently. You’ll save even more water by not wasting gallons before the hot water gets to where you need it! Ask us how!
Whether it’s new cabinets you need or a completely new kitchen, we’ll be able to help you put together the kitchen of your dreams. Not only will your space be eco-friendly but it will also be the most functional kitchen in the neighborhood! We are proud to help you find:
- Green products ranging from energy-efficient appliances to low VOC paint
- Eco-friendly cabinets, flooring, tiling, lighting, and countertops
- Daylighting to remove the need for electric lighting during the day
- Versatile designs to create a very organized, user-friendly space for the “top chef” inside us all
- Cost-effective options no matter how big or small the project; we love the challenge of small kitchens!